Reroller Application

Post  Sanguino on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 am

Character Details

Name: Sanguinor
Class: Mage
Spec: Arcane / Fire
Realm: Saurfang

Armoury Profile:

Please note that my secondary profession says N/A, however it is supposed to be 440 Herbalism.

Playtime and Raiding

Daily Playtime: Anything up to 12 hours or sometimes a bit more. Yes I have alot of free time on my hands.

Availability Info: Every Day
Sunday: Yes
Monday: Yes
Tuesday: Yes
Wednesday: Yes
Thursday: Yes
Friday: Yes
Saturday: Yes

Just a quick note on availability: thanks to my short college days, I am currently only unavailable during the day on Thursday and Friday. There is a small possibility that this may be subject to change in the future but would only affect daytime game play, leaving prime raiding hours still open.

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing World of Warcraft since February 2009, so approximately 1 year 8 months.

What's your raiding experience pre-TBC?
AQ40: Cleared
Molten Core: Cleared
Zul’Gurub: Cleared
Blackwing Lair: Cleared save Nefarian

What's your raiding experience TBC?
Magtheridon’s Lair: Cleared
Black Temple: Cleared
Kharazan: Cleared

What's your raiding experience WOTLK?
Onyxia’s Lair 10 & 25: Cleared
Naxxramas 10 & 25: Cleared on 10, only a few bosses down on 25
Eye of Eternity 10 & 25: Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10 & 25: Cleared including OS3D
Ulduar 10 & 25: 7/13
Vault of Archavon 10 & 25: Cleared
Trial of the Crusader 10: Cleared
Trial of the Crusader 25: 4/5
Trial of the Grand Crusader 10: 2/5
Trial of the Grand Crusader 25: 0/5
Icecrown Citadel 10: 11/12
Icecrown Citadel 25: 7/12
Icecrown Citadel Heroic 10: 7/12
Icecrown Citadel Heroic 25: 1/12

Can you provide us a recent WWS report?
Sadly not as I have not raided for quite a while. I did do an ICC10 pug tonight..should have installed it before that..silly me. I'm also having to reinstall addons and try to remember the old ones I had, due to getting a new laptop, hooray.

Your favourite boss encounter?
My favourite boss encounter is a difficult decision to make as there are a number that I rather enjoy. I generally like most fights but for some of the more interesting fights in terms of mechanics and such would be Malygos in the Eye of Eternity raid instance. I found this to be an interesting fight due to the sheer amount of movement and different features it contained including the discs and the last phase with the drakes.

Your favourite WoW related website and/or forums?
Whenever I’m on the computer and not on WoW, odds are that I’m either reading up heavily on either lore or in-game content. Favourite websites would be the realm forums for the latest realm news, WoWwiki for lore purposes (I’m a deep lore fanatic), Elitist Jerks or MaxDPS for class information such as rotations or the like, and finally MMO-Champion is the site I use for information on new content.

Any level 80 alts?
Though a few of them are not on this realm I am considering bringing one or two over as well. My level 80 alts are listed below:
Maerwyn – level 80 retribution / holy Paladin
Duróthan – level 80 elemental / restoration Shaman
Raethwyn – level 80 arms / protection Warrior

Class Details

Why did you pick your class?
I chose to roll a Mage as in the past I have primarily played melee classes, including my retribution paladin, death knight and warrior. After rolling my elemental shaman I was in love, and decided to choose another caster. After trying everything for a little while I decided that a Mage was the way to go or me. I also chose to roll this class thanks to it's flexibility in terms of DPS. Though I have given all specs a go, I find that my preference is dealing damage rather than taking or healing it, though I am not totally against playing them.

What do you consider to be your role in high end PvE raiding?
Arcane Spec I am able to contribute a +3% to all damage done by party / raid members through Arcane Tactics. Arcane Brilliance will also contribute a raid wide buff, giving members a Mana boost by 641 and Spell Power increase of 6%. I will also be able to give a group member Focus Magic, increasing the given players Spell Critical Strike chance by 3%, and whenever that player scores a critical hit, my own chance to gain a critical strike is increased by 3% for 10 seconds, both useful for my own damage output and another casters damage and/or healing.

As Fire Spec I am unable to contribute as much as I would in Arcane, however the key buffs are still there including Arcane Brilliance. However in Fire, thanks to the talent Critical Mass, my spells cause the target to become vulnerable, increasing the chance of all spells cast against that target by 5%.

And from any tree I am able to give out a Ritual of Refreshment or Portal to any major city. Food and free travel, what more can you want?

Guilds

What guilds have you been in since you began, what did you like/dislike about them, and why did you leave?
I have been in several guilds including Alliance Impact which I was with for a long time during levelling my first character and raid experiences. After a while, me and several others felt that the guild could not accommodate our raiding needs and as such broke off, forming the still going guild Aequitas in which I was granted the rank of Officer. After making some good progress initially it soon came to summer in which we encountered alot of problems as many people were away on holiday or just out in the real world making the most of the weather. After a while I chose to leave and went away to Argent Dawn and Outland for a while with some friends but missed Saurfang. Now I’m back and intend to stay and am searching for a new guild for Cataclysm.

What can you offer Paradigma?
An experienced raider that knows his class inside out and a quick learner for new content with good patience when progressing. Also a personality including a good sense of humour and easy to get along with. And of course not forgetting a player with high attendance to most, if not all raids available. I would also be willing to bring my Paladin or another alt to the guild if needed for anything.

What do you expect from us?
Since my recent return from a short break I have come back to WoW hoping to find a decent raiding guild on Saurfang. A number of guilds seem a bit too elitist and unfriendly to my liking and am looking for something less like them, however a large portion of other guilds just seem to casual. After searching for a bit and finding Paradigma, I believe you guys seem perfect for my needs in both raiding and sociality with a good balance of both. In short my expectations are for a good, solid raiding experience with genuinely decent people, which I am sure you are.

Do you know anyone from Paradigma?
Not personally, no.

Applying for other guilds while filling in this apply?
No

Real life details
Name: Alex

Your English skills, spoken and written?
Since English is my first language, it is of high quality both spoken and written.

Are you able to use a microphone during raids?
Yes

Describe your personality?
Ah the dreaded “describe yourself”, always horrible to go through. Well I would mainly describe myself as having two sets of personalities. The first would be my more serious side including a good amount of dedication and perseverance, this one’s best for raiding for me. The other side is the more fun loving, laid back side, always up for a laugh. Either way I’m always adventurous and up for exploring new aspects of the game.

Any additional information you want to share with us?
Okay I've just noticed that this application is somewhat larger than I had initially planned, oh well. I will leave it at here for now, however if there is anything you would like to ask me about, please say. I also play my Paladin quite a bit since he has been my main character for quite a while, if you have any questions regarding him, likewise please ask. Also yes I did spell my name correctly on the poster name..it just won't let me add the final letter in! Sad Panda =(

Have you read the guild rules?
Yes

Thankyou for taking the time to read my application and look forward to hearing from you soon. Razz

Sanguino

Back to top Go down

Bad Armoury!

Post  Sanguino on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:33 am

Ok whoops link hates me:

Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&cn=Sanguinor

Also here is the one for my Paladin which is my main character pre-mage:

Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Maerwyn

Sanguino

Back to top Go down

Re: Reroller Application

Post  Angelique on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Hello Sanguino

Thanks for your application.

Your raiding experience is below average, in your case it was a guild problem.

I do see a person that is willing to learn & show dedication, and that kind of person is rare these days ingame.
Angelique
Admin

View user profile http://paradigma.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reroller Application

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down